Totally Kids Rehabilitation Hospital is looking for a Registered Nurse to serve as case manager for our pediatric acute rehabilitation hospital.
This program offers a unique approach to acute rehabilitation specializing in the care and treatment of children, adolescents, and young adults from 3 to 21 years of age. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, internally motivated acute care RN Case Manager to join our exceptionally talented Interdisciplinary team. The team provides, through collaborative practice and problem solving, a customized blend of age and developmentally appropriate therapy, care and services to assist our patients in regaining their independence and returning home to family and school.
Reporting to the Director Patient Care Services/CNO, the RN Case Manager must have exceptional clinical knowledge, professional communication and organizational skills, and sound judgment and ability to work independently. Responsible for pre-admission screening and coordinating a smooth transition of care for admissions/readmissions from referral hospitals. Collaborates with Interdisciplinary Team to coordinate an efficient customized plan of care for the patient based on cost effective best practice protocols. Effectively utilizes nursing process and applies clinical expertise to conduct accurate clinical and discharge planning assessments, facilitate care, advocate for options and resources to meet individual needs and assure patient safety across levels of care. Serves as patient/family liaison throughout hospital stay and works with team to motivate all to actively participate in the care planning and decision making process.
Responsible for providing clinical admission/continuing stay reviews to third party payors to assure authorization for services. Tracks pertinent data regarding service delays, denials of continued stay and other factors affecting appropriate utilization of resources, conducts payor appeals when necessary and reports findings to UM Committee. Position will also provide support to the hospital’s Subacute program while building acute census. For more information please visit our website at http://totallykids.com., or contact human resources for our employment application.
Mountain View Child Care, Inc., dba Totally Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, is dedicated to helping children who are medically fragile, technology dependent, and/or developmentally disabled. We are committed to meeting their medical, developmental, social, psychological and spiritual needs through a blend of tenderness and expertise. We provide care through sub acute skilled nursing facilities, an intermediate care facility, a unique, integrated pediatric day health and preschool program, and outpatient services.
Skills / Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current RN license issued by the state of California.
- BSN and Case Management certification preferred.
- Two years acute hospital experience required, preferably in pediatrics or rehabilitation.
- CPR, PALS and ACLS required
- One year acute hospital Case Management experience required.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, CMS and California Title 22 regulations for acute care hospitals.
- Knowledge of acute care clinical review programs : InterQual® Level of Care Criteria or Millimam® Case Management Criteria.
- Knowledgeable regarding performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Ability to serve a resource and role model for nursing staff.
- Ability to represent the organization's mission, vision and values to outside entities through professional appearance, demeanor and communication.
Pay: from $35/hour
Benefit Eligible at 30/60 days, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Supplemental Insurances.
Job Status: Full Time