Dietary Aide - Cook (Temp)
Totally Kids is currently seeking a Dietary Aide/Cook for our pediatric skilled nursing facility. The position is temporary.
As a cook, under the direction of the Dietary Supervisor, you will perform a variety of patient food service and dish duties. Typical duties of the cook include preparing and serving meals at the right times and temperatures while maintaining a clean, neat and organized kitchen. Determines types and quantities of meats, vegetables and soups to be prepared by reviewing planned menus as prepared by consultant Registered Dietitian.
As a cook you will play a vital role in delivering quality nutrition to our pediatric patients to help accomplish our mission.
- Prepare all food according to the menu in a safe, sanitary manner.
- Insure proper preparation, portioning, and serving of foods according to standardized recipes and menus.
- Suggest menu or recipe changes to utilize leftovers and oversupplies.
- Prepare foods/meals to be ready and at appropriate temperatures at designated times.
- Properly wash and store all dishes, utensils and cooking equipment.
- Follow departmental procedures including sanitation, safety, and cleaning schedules.
- Maintain adaptability to a variety of job duties and situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
"Mountain View Child Care, Inc. (Totally Kids) is dedicated to enriching the health and quality of life of children with medical and developmental needs and who benefit from habilitation and rehabilitation services and the supportive use of technology. We are committed to their medical, physical, developmental, social, psychological, and spiritual needs by through a blend of tenderness and expertise."
Skills / Requirements
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in food preparation, health care setting preferred.
- Must have Food Handlers Certification and/or ServSafe Certification
- High school diploma is a plus.
- Must be able to crouch /stoop as required.
- Lifting Requirements: Must be capable of lifting or carrying objects that weigh up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able to discern colors.
- Physical skills necessary to operate all equipment: must be able to stand, reach in all directions, lift and carry objects. Must have fine motor skills.
- Must have 20/20 vision (correction devices allowed) and be able to appropriately read patient information, posted materials and other written information.
- Must hear (correctional devices allowed) and comprehend well enough to give and receive information for appropriate completion of duties.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and listen in English with a skill level essential for communication with all facility personnel.
- Must be able to taste and smell food for quality and palatability.
- Must have normal physical stamina.
- Must be able to pull or push 100 pounds.
- Must be able to bend and twist.
- Must have full use of both hands.
- Must be able to walk intermittently, six to ten hours per shift.
Pay: from $12.16/hour
Job Status: Contract/Temporary