LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (LVN)
Our Mission Statement:
“Mountain View Child Care, Inc., [dba Totally Kids Rehabilitation Hospital] is dedicated to enriching the health and quality of life of children with medical and developmental needs and who benefit from habilitation and rehabilitation services and the supportive use of technology. We are committed to meeting their medical, physical, developmental, social, psychological and spiritual needs through a blend of tenderness and expertise.”
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) utilizes knowledge of basic nursing principles, practices, and ethics in order to perform procedures and tasks within their scope of practice.
The LVN is responsible for providing and documenting nursing care, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, in accordance with developed care plan and physician’s orders for each individual patient and coordinates care among all members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. It is expected that the employee will demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values. The employee shall support the organization strategic plan, the goals and direction of the quality assurance performance improvement process, and activities.
Description: Assesses plans and implements the nursing care of residents within the skilled nursing setting with the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Responsible for ensuring continuity of care of the residents between shifts by providing direct care as well as supervising the care given by CNAs and supportive staff members. Participates in resident and family teaching. Maintains role as resident advocate with a focus on the facility’s mission.
- Current Licensed Vocational Nurse as issued by the State of California is mandatory at all times.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- One year of pediatric nursing experience in either an acute or subacute facility preferred, or completion of the facility preceptor program within two months of hire. New grads welcome to apply.
- Able to lift 30 pounds without assistance.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Follows through on verbal and written instructions; possesses sense of integrity in use of time.
Pay: $22 to $24.26/hour
Do be determined
Job Status: Full Time