LVN- KidShip Preschool/Day Health
Mission Statement: “Mountain View Child Care, Inc. is dedicated to enriching the health and quality of life of children with medical and developmental needs and who benefit from habilitation and rehabilitation services and the supportive use of technology. We are committed to meeting their medical, physical, developmental, social, psychological and spiritual needs through a blend of tenderness and expertise.”
Job Summary: The LVN has a 6-8 hour accountability for the organization, implementation, and evaluation of nursing services for KidShip’s specific client population. He/She is responsible for communication of the day-to-day care of our clients to staff and family.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (KidShip Preschool & Day Health) Part Time
- Current Licensed Vocational Nurse as issued by the State of California is mandatory at all times.
- Current basic life support BLS/CPR card
- One year of pediatric nursing experience in either an acute or sub-acute facility preferred.
- Able to lift, push, pull up to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Additional languages a plus.
- Knowledge of:
- Infant/toddler growth and development
- Developmentally appropriate practice
- School readiness for infant and toddlers
- Program for Infant/Toddler Care (PITC) knowledge and understanding highly desirable
- Ability to:
- Plan, organize and supervise an infant/toddler classroom.
- Work effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and those with disabilities and special needs
- Work independently while serving as a role model/teacher.
- Evaluate work methods and results
- Prepare and maintain records accurately and in a timely manner
- Function according to the expected competency level of care for infants, children, and adolescents.
- Follow through on verbal and written instruction
- Demonstrate sense of integrity in use of time.
Pay: $19 to $19.95/hour
Health, Dental, Vision, Supplemental insurances, 401K eligible after 30/60 days.
Job Status: Part Time