Under the general supervision of the Program Director at Totally Kids-KidShip, function as the primary care giver to assigned children eighteen months through four years of age; promote each child’s growth and development by planning and implementing developmentally appropriate experiences; create an environment in which children can develop personal relationships, experiment, make choices, solve problems, and develop age appropriate social and self-help skills. Plan and participate in parent education and parent involvement activities. Work to maintain a clean, safe, and orderly physical environment.
“Mountain View Child Care, Inc. is dedicated to enriching the health and quality of life of children with medical and developmental needs and who benefit from habilitation and rehabilitation services and the supportive use of technology. We are committed to meeting their medical, physical, developmental, social, psychological and spiritual needs through a blend of tenderness and expertise.”
Application may be emailed after receiving resume, please provide a current updated email address. Thank you.
Skills / Requirements
- AA or higher in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or related field including three units of supervised field experience and six infant/toddler development units.
- Experience with infants/toddlers in a group setting.
- Possess or be eligible for Child Development Teacher Permit.
- Possess or obtain within 90 days of employment Pediatric First Aid and CPR certification.
- Knowledge of:
- Infant/toddler growth and development
- Developmentally appropriate practice
- School readiness for infant and toddlers
- Program for Infant/Toddler Care (PITC) knowledge and understanding highly desirable
- Ability to:
- Plan, organize and supervise an infant/toddler classroom.
- Work effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic and cultural backgrounds and those with disabilities and special needs
- Evaluate work methods and results
- Prepare and maintain records accurately and in a timely manner
Pay: $16 to $17.64/hour
Based on experience and education. Medical, Dental, Vision, eligible after 30 days; 401k eligible after 60 days
Job Status: Full Time