RN - Clinical Educator (FT)
Totally Kids Rehabilitation Hospital has an opening for a full-time Registered Nurse to direct the ongoing education program for the staff of our hospital and 'distinct part' skilled nursing facility, with an advisory role for other on-campus facilities. Education to new clinical techniques and diagnoses, leadership training, and safety training are important to our organization. The Clinical Educator has a strong position of influence on the strength of facility staff. This position influences the growth and development of a clinical staff of roughly 250 RNs, LVNs, CNAs, RCPs/RRTs and ancillary staff, and 50 administrative staff with the ultimate goal of providing continually improving care to children in a pediatric acute rehabilitation hospital, pediatric sub-acute skilled nursing unit, an integrated pediatric day health program and preschool, and an intermediate care facility (ICF-DD(n)).
Job Summary from the printed Job Description:
The Clinical Educator has responsibility for providing leadership, and direction associated with the department in collaboration with, human resources, education, continuous improvement of services and staff competence. Individual in this position is responsible for promoting and modeling a service-oriented culture focused on employee engagement, patient safety and quality outcomes, and service excellence. The Clinical Educator serves as a member of the leadership team, building and supporting effective collegial relationships with applicable internal and external stakeholders; and ensuring optimal operating effectiveness and strategies. The Clinical Educator in collaboration with the Director of Staff Education will assist with staff education to ensure staff are competent, qualified, and perform within legal, regulatory, and organization policies. In addition, coordinates and conducts in-services, training, and education that provides instructions and reinforcement on learning needs for all staff including completion of mandatory in-service requirements. The Clinical Educator may be required to provide patient care to meet staffing requirements on particular units. The Clinical Educator demonstrates ability to lead within the following essential domains: functional responsibility, knowledge of the health care environment, communication and relationship management, professionalism, leadership, and business skills.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) License as issued by the State of California
- Bachelors of Science degree in nursing.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS),Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) , Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), EKG certification preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical pediatric nursing experience in a sub-acute or acute care hospital.
- Minimum of one (1) year of verifiable experience providing care and services to chronically ill or elderly patients in an acute care hospital, skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, home care, hospice care, or other long-term care setting
- Minimum of one (1) year of verifiable experience teaching adults, supervising nurse aides or completion of a course in teaching adults.
- Knowledge of audiovisual equipment, cameras, and other equipment used in instruction of patient care, Must possess good work ethics and a professional image at all times.
- Knowledge of CMS conditions of participation, CDPH state regulations, CCS, and TJC (hospital, nursing care center, and laboratory) accreditation requirements as applicable to job.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications as applicable to job.
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Works responsibly in a team environment as well as independently, Manages confidential information effectively and appropriately
- Bilingual preferred
Pay: $36 to $39.59/hour
Depends on experience: Health, Dental, Vision, Life (after 30days comes with company contribution), 401K Eligible (after 60 days)
Job Status: Full Time