Unit Clerk -Receptionist
Mission Statement: “Mountain View Child Care, Inc., [dba Totally Kids Rehabilitation Hospital] is dedicated to enriching the health and quality of life of children with medical and developmental needs and who benefit from habilitation and rehabilitation services and the supportive use of technology. We are committed to meeting their medical, physical, developmental, social, psychological and spiritual needs through a blend of tenderness and expertise.”
The Unit Clerk performs non-nursing clerical and receptionist functions. Tasks involve the receiving, recording, and transmission of information relating to patient care. This key position requires excellent customer service skills because of continuous contact with nursing personnel, members of the medical staff regarding issues that may affect patient care, visitors/residents on the unit, and other support departments. It includes participation monitoring supplies inventory, and maintaining current medical records. This position reports to the Rehabilitation Nurse Manager and the Director of Patient Care Services.
Outside of business hours (nights, weekends, holidays), the Unit/Ward Clerk provides typical reception services for the hospital and clerical support to the nursing floor staff.
The Receptionist role includes front office responsibilities during the business day. Tasks include greeting visitors, vendors, patient family members, etc. as they come into the building; answering multi-line telephone system; monitoring and ordering supplies; mail/fax/copy distribution; other clerical tasks for various managers as needed and as time allows. The Receptionist position reports to the Office Manager.
Skills / Requirements
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle multiple telephone lines/calls
- Friendly and welcoming to visitors while being able to enforce visiting hours, visitor sign-in, and other requirements.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- General knowledge of clerical functions and physician order transcription.
- Ability to communicate in both spoken and written English at a skill level appropriate for clear communication with the hospital's medical and clinical staff, with visitors, and with callers.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Data entry experience preferred.
- Night-time/Weekend/Weekday positions available to provide 24-hour reception coverage.
- Drug screen, physical, and background required after conditional offer of employment.
- Professional attire expected at all times throughout the interview and pre-employment process and when functioning as receptionist.
Unit clerk functions are usually performed in the nurses stations or on the care units. "Scrubs" may be worn when the bulk of the day's tasks are expected to be unit clerk responsibilities.
Pay: $14 to $14.70/hour
Depends on experience, Benefits (after 30days) include medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurances, 401k after 60days
Job Status: Full Time